Meet The Team
2018/2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The board of directors are the decision makers behind club direction and policy. They work with closely with local stakeholders and policymakers, including local, provincial, and federal governments, local businesses, and tourism operators to help grow mountain bike access and infrastructure.
The board meets monthly and each board member commits roughly 3 – 10+ hours per month depending on the role and season. All roles are currently filled by volunteers.
If you’re eager to join the board, let us know! We’re looking for all kinds of expertise and experience.
TRAILS DIRECTOR + TRAIL COMMITTEE
- Trail planning, development, and layout. Manages Club trail build/maintenance days. Liaises with landowners with regards to trail development and logistics. Chairs trail-committee.
- Creates agenda for each meeting and takes minutes
- Keeps Club information together on Google Drive
- Books the table for the meetings
- Liaises with regional landowners to foster co-operative relationships to maintain access to land for trail development and maintenance. Also works closely with Trails Director to manage trail development.
COMMUNICATIONS + PROMOTIONS + WEBSITE DIRECTOR
- Works on designing and coordinating the sale/distribution of NMBC T-shirts, stickers, etc.
- Looks for new opportunities to create promotional material to increase club revenues and drive organization awareness
- Manages club websites
- Writes press release & newsletters to members
- First line of communication with the public and media
- Emails communications out to member list
SOCIAL MEDIA + SPONSORSHIP DIRECTOR
- Manages social media accounts (Instagram/ Facebook) day-to-day activities including:
- Answers questions on social media from members and community.
- Creates, curates, and manages published content for use on social media.
- Engages community with relevant content.
- Closely collaborates with Communications Director
- Reaches out to local businesses in search of sponsorships and partnerships
- Holds the club accountable for fulfilling sponsorships promises made in the Sponsorship Guide
- Organizes races in Nanaimo on behalf of the Club.
- Increases revenue streams for the Club through races and events.
- Candidate must have some bookkeeping/accounting experience and be comfortable with using our bookkeeping software.
- Balances the Club books
- Regularly attends meetings to write cheques for Club expenses
- Provides monthly and year-end financial update
RIDE SCHEDULER + SOCIAL DIRECTOR
- Candidate must regularly ride with the club
- Drafting and publishing the Club’s monthly ride schedule.
- Organizes social events for Club members
- Coordinates snacks and beverages and attends club events such as monthly build days.
- Facilitates the inclusion of new members in club activities
- Handles all insurance inquiries and documentation, IMBA membership.
- Responsible for keeping the club’s commercial general liability and director’s and officers insurance current, as well as ensuring waivers align with existing insurance policies
- Responsible for upgrading insurance policies in accordance with the requirements in existing and / or new land use agreements
- Responsible for acquiring event specific insurance, if required
GRANTS APPLICATION DIRECTOR
- Remain informed of club activities to best identify the club’s funding needs
- Work with Club Executive to search out funding opportunities that are relevant to club activities
- Work with Club Executive to prepare funding proposals