The Nanaimo Mountain Bike Club is excited to announce our upcoming Winter Trail Crew Program. Join us in improving Nanaimo’s trail network while developing your employment
Application Deadline: November 22, 2020
Program Dates: Nov 30, 2020 – Mar 31, 2021
Hours: 4 days/week (32hrs/week)
Participant Stipend: $2000/month
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement via a Community Workforce Response Grant, Youth Community Partnership stream.
In order to meet the terms and conditions of funding granted through the BC Community Workforce Response Grant – Youth Partnership Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be 15-29 years old.
- Canadian citizens or permitted to work in Canada
- Unemployed, Underemployed (casual, seasonal or part-time), or Precariously Employed (at risk of losing their job)
- Motivated to find employment following the program
No experience necessary—a good attitude is all we need!
Note: Permanently employed participants are NOT eligible, participants taking other funded programs at the same time as this project are ineligible
Participants in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits or Income Assistance (IA) benefits must obtain approval before participating.
Participants in receipt of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) are required to work and therefore should contact the federal government regarding receipt of these benefits should they wish to participate in this program
Specific Training Includes:
- Level 1 Occupational First Aid and WHMIS
- Level 1 Trail Workshop – Foundations of Sustainable Trails
- Employment Skills Coaching