2017/2018 Board of Directors
Communications/Website – Dana Wacker
- Manages/moderates social media and website
- Writes press releases/newsletters to members
- First line of communication with the public and media
- Email communications out to member list
- Works on designing and coordinating the sale/distribution of NMBC Tshirts, stickers, etc.
Social Media Coordinator – Rory Marshall
- Updates Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Assists Communications Director with information creation and distribution
Landowner Liaison – Mark Perdue
- Liaises with regional landowners and managers to foster co-operative relationships between landowners and the Club to maintain access to land for trail development and maintenance.
- Works closely with Trails Director to manage trail development.
Membership – Tim Johnson
- Sends out welcome emails to new Club members.
- Collects dues from new members.
- Ensures membership waivers are completed and submitted when a new member joins or renews.
- Maintains a current membership list.
Ride Schedule / Social Director – Kathleen Hancock
- Drafting and publishing the Club’s monthly ride schedule.
- Organizes social events for Club members.
- Coordinates snacks and beverages for Club events such as monthly build days.
- Facilitates the inclusion of new members in club activities.
Insurance – Miranda Smith
- Handles all insurance inquiries and documentation, IMBA membership.
Events Director – Robin Dutton
- Organizes races in Nanaimo on behalf of the Club.
- Promotes the Club and local trails through races.
- Increases revenue streams for the Club.
Grant Applications – Miranda Smith
- Remain informed of club activities to best identify the club’s funding needs.
- Work with Club Executive to search out funding opportunities that are relevant to club activities.
- Work with Club Executive to prepare funding proposals.
Trail Management – Kevin Brown & Dave Silver
- Trail planning, development, and layout.
- Manages Club trail build/maintenance days.
- Liaises with landowners with regards to trail development and logistics.
- Chairs Trail Committee.
- Liaises with other local bike club members.
Finance – Gary Scow
- Balances the Club books.
- Writes cheques for Club expenses.
- Provides monthly and year-end financial update.
Secretary – Kathleen Hancock
- Creates agenda for each meeting.
- Takes minutes.
- Keeps Club information together on Google Drive.
- Books the table for the meetings.
Members at Large
Troy Clease, Andy Hall, Carole Clease
Want to get involved? Send us a message or attend one of the monthly Director’s Meetings to find out how you can help!